All of the salts and oils listed here are available at S.O.A.P. Come in and make organic scrubs at the shop, or get the ingredients to DIY at home! Bring a jar and save $!!!
Lavender Salt Scrub: this scrub makes 12 ounces of product
- One 16 oz wide mouth jar
- 16oz. ﬁne sea salt…We use Euro Spa or ultra ﬁne Pink Himalayan
- 8 oz. Avocado Oil
- 30-60 drops of essential oil
- 5 drops vitamin E
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together salt and oil with spatula. The salt should be ﬂuffy and smooth, not too gritty.
- Add more Oil to reach desired consistency.
- Whip Whip Whip
- Add your Essential Oils to the desired scent. Use Caution when using essential oils, they are potent powerful constitutes, and can cause irritation in some individuals.
- Add vitamin E and whip again. The scrub should have a thin layer of oil on the top of the mixture and should have a pleasing soft scent.
- Scrape the mixture into a wide mouth jar and label! ENJOY!
For more information on the safe use of essential oils and for lots of fun recipes check out Aromahead Institute for a free online introduction to essential oils. Also check out there lovely section on making your own products! You may also download a FREE Essential Oils Safety Use Guide from Floracopia at Floracopia.com