You may use the oils and butters listed here, or experiment with your own choice of carriers. there are inﬁnite ways to create!
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa or mango butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light oil like almond, avocado, or jojoba oil
You may add 10-15 drops of Vit. E if you wish to preserve it longer
Optional: 10-30 drops of your choice essential oils we like to use Lavender & Neroli, or Lemongrass Ginger Oils
- Combine all butters and oils, except the essential oils, in a large glass mason jar or pyrex measuring cup .
- Place into a pan of water that has been heated before hand. Turn down the ﬂame to low or medium.
- Slowly melt the butters and oils in your double boiler you created. Bring to medium heat. Be sure not to heat the oils too hot. Melt at the lowest possible temperature.
- Stir until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Move to fridge lightly covered and let it cool for about an hour until it starts to slightly harden but is still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 5 minutes or longer until it is ﬂuffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in glass jars with tight ﬁtting lids. You may use this as you would any other thick body butter or lotion. Stays fresh 4-6 months. Keep out of direct sun or heat. Will liquify in hot conditions.